Lexicon MPX 500 processor

brokenwindow

I am thinking about buying this, but wanted a few non-biased opinions. I was also wondering if I could have 2 seperate inputs into it(like 2 different guitars)and use different fx on each. It says that it's got 2 inputs and functions as two completely independent stereo processors, but i don't know if this is what I need...Any replies would be appreciated..thanks

I think you can use it with two inputs, and here's why: it's got left and right 1/4" analog inputs (and left and right XLR inputs for mics), and the manual says:

"The MPX 500 can be used as two independent Effects Processors with the Dual Programs. Designate two auxiliary sends on your console and connect one to the left MPX 500 input, and the other to the right input."

Haven't tried it, though.

The quality of the 'verbs on the Lexicon ABSOLUTELY blow away the M*ONE... I know because I did A-B comparisons on them a couple of months ago... the M*ONE, although not bad, does not have as convincing a reverb sound as the MPX500...

You can run dual mono effects... but I don't know about dual stereo effects - somehow I don't think so... (but I didn't try it out 'cos I don't use them that way...)

You definitely can't go wrong with a Lexicon...

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

Thanks, Bruce, for posting your comparison of the MPX500 and the M*One. Truthfully ... I've been leaning toward the M*One as my main verb unit.
I know Lexicon is the grand-daddy of all reverbs :) but, I have a MPX100 and wasn't all too impressed with it. However, it is a budget unit and works well for the cost.
Does the MPX500 have s/pdif I/O?
That's really important for my application.

Back