Lexicon Lpx 5

Stevebol

Hi,
I just got a Lexicon Lpx 5 today off ebay.I'm using a Tascam 464 to record vocals and acoustic guitar with 1 mic.I'm not firmiliar with Lexicons,but I had a Midiverb many years ago.The reverb isn't what I'm used to,since I'm looking for more of a chamber type of effect than a delay.If anyone knows this unit I could use some tips.What is the difference between delay and reverb?Also,I couldn't get it to work except with a mono(L) hook up,but that was recommended in the Tasacm 464 manual.

The LXP5 is a delay/fx unit. The LXP1 is the reverb version, which is probably what you really want if you are looking for reverb. Both together is a nice combo, so just keep on the lookout for an LXP1.

The Lpx 5 does have some reverb settings but they are buried in the multi effects section it turns out.I'm not sure if I'll just stick with the 5 or go for an Lpx 1 or a PCM 60.Love that Lexicon sound.Thanks.

The reverbs aren't as good on the LXP5, if I remember correctly. That's just not what it was designed for. If reverbs are what you need, I think your other ideas would be better choices.

Back