Let's see your equipment Racks...Post pictures - Front and Back!

AVtechguy

Post your equipment racks here! I wanna see how you have them set-up. Post pictures of the back too! I wanna see cable management ideas! List your gear and how it's all connected!

Currently in the process of putting mine together and would really like to see what everyone is doing!! Picts of mine to follow in a few days!!

Cheers!

Ben, is that coffee or tea? And how does it hook into the DAW? I've heard that a good cup of tea helps with Infinite Improbability...(Hitchhikers' humor)

MY rack consists of only two items: interface and headphone amp.

Hmmm . . . looks like I need t do a bit of dusting behind there!

rack1.jpgrack2.jpg

OK - here are the ones I have been using:

mostly for mixing, sometimes tracking - a channel strip, compressor, eq, and some preamp/eqs (from the group buy here)
r4f.jpeg
currently wired up mostly to be loops from the converter below
r4b.jpg

for mixing and tracking some stuff in my mixing room - a preamp and some compressors
r2f.jpg
sometimes I run the preamp into the compressors, but right now both compressors are wired to be loops from the converter. You can't see it in this picture, but the TRS cable that connects the stereo link connectors has an attenuator on it so that I can reduce the linkage if they're working together (on the front, you may notice that they're not currently set to be working together)
r2b.jpg

my converter - in its own little rack so I can easily move it between the mixing room and the drum / guitar tracking room
r1f.jpeg
those DB25 cables either go to mostly preamps in the drum/guitar room, or make loops to a bunch of the stuff in the earlier pictures (I don't use the AES I/O)
r1b.jpg

for tracking drums and electric guitars - some preamps - not completely hooked up - the API ones go through an attenuator (not pictured - sitting on top of the box - actually you can see a part of it in the upper left) - thanks again miroslav!! for the tip on the green one - it's great!
r3f.jpg
I was using the one on top for recording an amp - most of the time it's for overheads and drum room mics - no currently set up that way
r3b.jpeg

btyre2013, pretty pictures!! I have some elysia plugins, but I have never even seen the hardware.

gecko zzed - I love how the interface is upside down - what kind of monitor is that? And what kind of monitor stand is that?

Oooh, nice thread!
I'm gonna play tomorrow!

I don't have much gear but I spent today cleaning out the switches and pots on what I do have.
Scratchy free again. :)

btyre2013, pretty pictures!! I have some elysia plugins, but I have never even seen the hardware.

gecko zzed - I love how the interface is upside down - what kind of monitor is that? And what kind of monitor stand is that?

The interface is upside down because it's more ergonomic for me. I can play with the level without leads getting in the way.

The monitors are Neumann KH310.

The monitor stands are dirt cheap: PVC drain pipe into PVC flanges screwed onto bits of wood, filled with sand and painted black.

Sure, I can show my rack, but it's pretty intimidating....

IMG_1493Web.jpg

A rack isn't complete without an actual rack, so I included my desk rack, too.

Here's mine.
4 preamps - Diy racked.
They are 2 x Auditronics 110a with the jensen output cards
and 2 x WBS 470a
These are the switches and pots I was cleaning out the other day.

I've got 8 channels of the ward beck in a separate box upstairs. Maybe I should post a photo of that too.
They don't get used very often.

1.JPG

No real excitement round the back. Just a patch bay into the line inputs of a motu 828mk2.
I have the patch bay because there's an electric piano here that I patch in/out sometimes, and a few other bits.

2.JPG

Thanks. :)
Got the modules on ebay from USA.
The PSUs, rack cases, sockets, switches etc were sourced locally, though.

A peek inside.
They're a little messy. Both were learn-as-you-go projects.

SAM_2991.JPG
SAM_2992.JPG

Last edited:
Here's mine.
4 preamps - Diy racked.
They are 2 x Auditronics 110a with the jensen output cards
and 2 x WBS 470a
These are the switches and pots I was cleaning out the other day.

Is the Vamp Pro any good? Always wanted that one and can no longer get it in Canada.

I've got 8 channels of the ward beck in a separate box upstairs. Maybe I should post a photo of that too.
They don't get used very often.

View attachment 92492

No real excitement round the back. Just a patch bay into the line inputs of a motu 828mk2.
I have the patch bay because there's an electric piano here that I patch in/out sometimes, and a few other bits.

View attachment 92493

Is the Vamp Pro any good? Must be discontinued...can't get in Canada anymore, I have always wanted one.

Is the Vamp Pro any good? Must be discontinued...can't get in Canada anymore, I have always wanted one.

Haha. I didn't think it'd get any comments. :p
It was a gift; One I've barely used.

I did get reasonable tones out of it when I first got it but, honestly, I don't know it enough to comment much.
Maybe I'll give it a rattle tomorrow and come back to you. :)

The preamps, however, are very good.
wink.gif

Back