Layering/Mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

phwree

I was wondering what the best program is to layer tracks - I'm doing a one-man-band kinda thing at the mo, and don't really know much about recording and all that.

I have a Kontakt player, if that helps (does this have anything to do with anything)?

Also, with layering and all that, should I use firewire, or the other one (dead brain. NO idea what it's called.)

thanks guys

phwree said:
I was wondering what the best program is to layer tracks - I'm doing a one-man-band kinda thing at the mo, and don't really know much about recording and all that.

I have a Kontakt player, if that helps (does this have anything to do with anything)?

Also, with layering and all that, should I use firewire, or the other one (dead brain. NO idea what it's called.)

thanks guys

Cakewalk Sonar.

I think Ableton Live is a great live layering tool. Steepl earning curve, but you can use a midi pedal like the Behringer FCB1010 to start and stop, insert loops, whatever you want really. Like I said, steep learning curve. Oh, and use firewire devices rather than USB.

phwree said:

thanks guys

Man....just get Cool Edit Pro 2.0 or 2.1/Adobe......no learning curve, just layer, upon layer, upon layer.....(Multi-tracking!!!)
It'll teach you enough, but without 5ucking you around too much, which I'm guessing, is what you need/don't need.
Regards.

thanks

hey thanks all you guys.

I'm sure it'll help. Now I've just gotta find the time to try it! :D

:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back