Juicy Goosey

KingNothing

Ok. I'm lookin at these Juice Goose Power Conditioners and am kinda confused. What do these things do? Can i just plug like 8 AC adapters into the back of this thing and it will power them all? That would be awesome.

yuppers.....

That be what they are for duder....

Oh, also, power conditioners act as AC line spike protectors, thus the conditioner title. Sort of like hair conditioners, it is supposed to help prevent stuff from getting fried.

If you want to be really bad ass with your digital gear, you will purchase a Line Voltage Regulator, which will deliver a constant voltage to the devices hooked up to it even if the input voltage to the regulator varies (AC power can vary a whole bunch depending upon many factors). Power fluctuations are not good news for digital audio gear. It is not good for analog gear either, but analog gear tends to be a bit more robust concerning dealing with varying input voltage.

But a Line Regulator will set you back a bit. I paid around $470 for mine almost 4 years ago. I doubt they have gone down in price.

Ed

Wow!!!

The regulator I have is the Furman AR 1215! To think I could get it for less then $100 less then I did over 3 1/2 years ago!

You can never win buying gear....:(

Ed

My goose has never been cooked.

Hey King,

I know furman makes good stuff, but I can speak for the Juice Geese, which always seem to go for less $$ than the furman stuff. For five years, my 3 JG's have worked great (in an apartment, and now in an old house with questionable voltage integrity) and have never fried any gear.

I know I need to someday invest the dough for a line voltage regulator for that extra protection, but on a budget, the JG's are awesome.

Brad

Back