I'm not sure but I think I just scored the best deal EVER!

Heh not yet... I'm thinking of splitting it up into two dual channel pres. I just have to figure out the power supply stuff. :)

ridgeback said:
Cool Box! On the input side, what is the RCA Wild 1 and Wild 2 jacks.

I have no clue... I haven't found any manual for this piece online and I probably won't. All I know is I got 4 very high end preamps for less than the price of an RNC. :D

Good score..interesting.. the inputs are phase reversed from modern gear (2 is hot, 3 is cold and 1 is ground on modern stuff) so you may need to do a mod or two to get it to interface with your stuff...I would reccomend racking the 4 pre's individually (or 2 stereo pairs) as there is not much call for a 4 to 1 mono mic mixer these days...get them recapped..a power supply should be no problem to build...HAVE FUN!

Cheers,
Ray

I think Manley has the rights to the Langevin name now. Maybe you should try emailing them with the details and see if they have any history on the machine. Once you get it going post some clips.

bigwillz24 said:
I have no clue... I haven't found any manual for this piece online and I probably won't. All I know is I got 4 very high end preamps for less than the price of an RNC. :D

Wouldn't that be six preamps? I see six XLR inputs, and six volume knobs.

jmorris said:
what preamps? I have 2 am16 preamps and I dont believe that is what it has.

I'm not sure I guess I'll have to wait until I get it. Once it comes in I'll pop it open and take some pics.

niiiice, a couple years back i was driving home from somewhere and i noticed some gear on the side of the road, most of it was broken crap, but i picked up a mid-60s Ampex MX-10 4x2 mixer with great sounding tube preamps. i've actually been running whole mixes through the thing to warm 'em up a bit and the tubes give a slight compression which really rounds tracks out nicely. cool little mastering trick.

Back