I wonder if anyone could tell me how Audio Centron mixers are?

Hobbiest

Can anyone tell me how Audio Centron mixers are, I can't find much info on the Web. I can get a ACM 1406 new for $300.00.

I feel they're more of a "live bands small mixer" than a recording mixer. My only experience with Audio Centron was ten years ago and the board I was dealing with I felt was much like a Peavey MD series mixer. IMHO of course.

I was shopping for live mixers about 3 years ago, looked at MAckie, Peavey, a few used ones, and Audio Centron.
The controls on the AC-faders, knobs-felt loose and didn't seem to have the quality of the others. I don't know about sound quality, since I was concerned with how well built the mixer was, mechanically.
Anyway, we ended up getting an old used Studiomaster for about $300 american. It needed cleaning up, but I think it was much better built than the Audio centron. It is still servicing someone, somewhere. :)

Thanks for your responses. I found out that Audio Centron was owned by Crate and they discontinued the name and is now going under the name of Crate Pro Audio. Again thanks for your help.

Generally I find Crate stuff to be noisy. Some of their stuff is OK though. I have a acoustic pre-amp that I like (love hate really) and a friend had an older all tube amp from Crate that was pretty nice (I liked the jangly clean tone)... OK once agian I've been of no help....

-jhe

Back