I want to hook up my TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT with my current setup

raywon

Studio 1784
Mac Mini- Late 2014- Processor 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB on-chip shared L3 cache, 500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive, 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory
• USB Audio Interface- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface
• Mic- Rode NT1-A, with Shock mount, Pop Shield, Dust Cover
• Audio Software- Pro tools 11
• Monitors- Fostex 8” 3 way
• Headphones- Semheiser HD Pro closed back
• USB External Hard drive 3TB - Seagate
• Mackie Mixer

1. Mac Mini ->USB-> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2-> USB-> Mac Mini -> Audio Interface input 1&2 to main output Mackie Mixer-> Rode NT1-A Mic-> Input Mackie Mixer (monitoring Vocals only)
2. Headphones->Input-> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface
3. External Hard Drive->USB-> Mac Mini ( To run Pro tools and save studio sessions)

How can I hook up my new TC-Helicon Voice Tone Harmony-G XT Vocal and Harmony Effects box with my current set up.

You are a bit stuck really, because with a multi-channel interface, you'd assign two ins, and then two outs, so you can send the voice and the controlling instrument to it, and record the output that you'd set to fully wet - just the harmonies, none of the original. You don't have that capability. I suppose you could record the guitar, then route that from the interface to the device, and plug the mic into the unit direct - or possibly with a Y lead so you can record it dry, and then record the harmonies in mono. Not ideal, but I guess with perhaps a patch bay to allow quick swaps it would be workable - just. I've got a rack mount Helicon, and it gobble up the inputs and outputs.

Back