I hope this is the right place for this question

Heck I mean I only do this shit for a living ;) QUOTE]

Listening to some of the bands I've heard you record, 'living death' would be a more apt way to put it, jeezuz; I hope they are paying you well! I'm with you regarding the avoidance of overkill.

don't get me wrong I have over 40K wrappedup in my recording equipment ...

I am just saying... for starting out, KISS
learn as you go
upgrade as you learn.

My point exactly.:cool:
therefore I think I have proven without a doubt great results can be achieved with Gear even cheaper than what you have recommended.

ya sure Behringer is cheap bargan basement shit gear but You can get good results with it.

Sure can. I was more worried about the quality control more than anything. Some units arrive DOA. And that would be very frustrating if you just want to start recording right away.

Hell, I think the mix you posted sounds killer, way better than my stuff. But M-Audio gear really isn't that much more expensive and the quality control is much better in my opinion. That's the main reason why I recommended it. ;)

And also the UB802, made his recordings sound kind of thin/harsh in the high frequencies and there was significant noise.

But my experience with the Behringer ECM8000 mics has been very good so far. Except one of them stopped working completely not even a week after purchase. The other 2 are still working.

It's a gamble from my experience.

My point exactly.:cool:
therefore I think I have proven without a doubt great results can be achieved with Gear even cheaper than what you have recommended.
Incredible... Unbelievable quality... I mean really, Unbelievable

The only equipment this audio passed through was
go with a Behringer Eurorack ub802
Behringer UCA 202 audio interface
a 6 foot RCA cord to connect the two
Download Krystal Audio Engine online free

I'm sellin' all of my expensive crap and heading right down to Guitar Center to consult with the experts down there

Incredible... Unbelievable quality... I mean really, Unbelievable

The only equipment this audio passed through was

I'm sellin' all of my expensive crap and heading right down to Guitar Center to consult with the experts down there

experts at GC:confused:

here is an unedited track my 12 year old son put down without any editing or eq with just an effects pedal through the mixer.
http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/177/Allthese Lies wav.wma

I don't think that is too bad for a raw track recorded on equipment that cost less than a hundred bucks.

if you have shit to start with, there is not going to be much you can do to mix it to make it sound better

Quote of the night, at least in this forum. Stated a lot, but it's true. It's a matter of forward engineering, not reverse...that will give you the best results.:):)

Back