How much is my Used VST Rack Gear worth?

CoolCat

I bought the Klanghelm compressor set and was wondering how much its worth on the used market and how does a person legally take the VST Gear to Guitar Center for "trade-in"?

The Klanghelms were $25 brand new.
I was thinking if GC gives me the normal 60% of 50% new, thats $7.50 cents what they'll offer probably. But the cool part is I could keep bringing in copys forever. Approx 4qty trade-ins and I would make a profit of $3 (not including gasoline)...but not sure if thats legal, even though it is my VST I paid for.

I was thinking of trading the Klanghelms in for some SoftTube Tube Tech CL1B's but couldnt find any info on how to trade in a VST?

SoftTube Tube Tech Cl1B is $299 new, but was hoping with trade in, and getting a used-CL1B it would be closer to $126.35. Which is expensive but its the HiEnd and I would save money on not needing to swap out tubes when I got it home. Saved Money = Profit

Attachments

• used VST.jpg
    used VST.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 23
Well, there is vintage and scarce that can have a market. We might see more of it, if some software didn't require jumping through all those hoops. So, if you got something on your drive, how many times can you sell it : )

Im assuming I could sell it because I own it. IF I buy a ART MPA/VLA I could sell that or trade it in.
I could apply that $3 towards something newer maybe 64bit stuff, but maybe 32bit is more analogish.

its like trying to decide on buying two ISA ones or one ISA two..

Back