How can I Modify my Crybaby for more sweep?

dialtone

I just bought a used Crybaby Wah, I used to have one back in the day and remembered it for having a longer sweep than this one has. Im sure it's my imagination, but is there a way I can Mod this one to have a longer sweep. If not could you reccomend a Wah with a Longer sweep.

Thanks ahead of time for the response!

Easy mod - no tools required (once you remove the bottom plate).

The crybaby and most other sweep pedals work with a rack and pinion gear. The pinion gear attaches to the sweep pot and the long, straight, rack gear (looks like a comb, with very short teeth) attaches to the pedal you press on. When you press on the pedal, the rack gear turns the pot, giving you the sweep. The problem you're running into is that most rack gears don't turn the pot all the way.

All you hafta do is pull the rack gear away from the pinion and turn the pot by hand till it sweeps the range you want. You might hafta do it by a little trial and error till you get it right. Just make sure you don't set it to where you can breal the pot by reaching the end of its travel too soon.

When you open the pedal up and see how it works, it'll take you a couple of minutes to get it set perfectly. It's no big deal.

Back