hooking up an fx processor

Lo-Fi Mike

when hooking up an mx200 to an insert point in an aardvark q-10 i know i have to use a Y-CABLE (since there is only one insert point for each of the first 4 inputs, and on the mx200 there are both output and input.)
so the single end of the y-cable goes to the aardvark, but one the double side of the y-cable does it matter which one goes into the output or the input of the mx200?

thanks,
--mike--

Yeah, look on the mixer to see which of the TRS connections is send and which is return. If there's no way of telling on the cable, you'll have to use something like a ohmeter to check which goes to which end.

Might be more trouble than it's worth. Shouldn't do any damage trying each way (although wait for more advice on that, but at line level, it shouldn't).

Let me know how it is. I'm looking at a bunch of effects, and the MX200 is top of the list right now!

Lo-Fi Mike said:
when hooking up an mx200 to an insert point in an aardvark q-10 i know i have to use a Y-CABLE (since there is only one insert point for each of the first 4 inputs, and on the mx200 there are both output and input.)
so the single end of the y-cable goes to the aardvark, but one the double side of the y-cable does it matter which one goes into the output or the input of the mx200?

thanks,
--mike--

Make sure your Y cable is TRS on the single end, and only TR on the two other ends. Hopefully one will be marked send and the other receive.

If not, just try it out. You have a 50% chance of being right, so if you are me, you would hook it up, it would be wrong, you would switch it then you are up and running.

mx200

iancl said:
Let me know how it is. I'm looking at a bunch of effects, and the MX200 is top of the list right now!

well i have already ran this thru my Marshall head(avt50) and played it thru my cab(1960 lead) and the effects sound great. the presets are really good to. i liked it so much that i wanted to see what it sounds like using it in the control room. i want to try it on vocals and snare.

the only thing that i HATE about this unit, is that there is no way of turning it off. i have to unplug it from the power cord. i didn't know this before i bought it, and if i had know it i would not have bought it.

but like i said before, the effects are really nice.

hope this helps,
--mike--

Back