High End Mic Pre Shootout CD

Mountaineer

35 bucks for a CD? Geez, I didn't pay that much for my bound edition of Led Zeppelin remasters. I'll let you guys buy it and spread the good news. Thnx in advance.

PAPicker

Everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything about this. I ran across this link on another site recently. This CD is supposed to by a listening comparison of many high-end preamps... All the big names. To me $35, postage included will answer many questions about which preamp for what. It could save you much wasted $$$.
http://www.3daudioinc.com/3daudio_prelp.html

Rev E

P.S. The usual disclaimer - I don't work for them or have any other interest other than a recent purchaser (haven't received the CD yet).

By the way, most of the preamps on the CD retail in the $1200-3500 range. Only 5 or 6 are under $1000, and one is $8000. It is a very interesting experiment, however.

MM2,

The reason that I suggested it is in case anyone wants to rent some of these preamps for an important session. I, for one, own pretty ordinary project studio stuff. But when I do important sessions, I'll rent high quality gear like most of the stuff on the CD. For me, the CD will let me effectively make an educated decision before an expensive rental. Plus, it's so much fun!

Rev E

Back