Here it is again.....

Cool Thanks, I just set up a sound click page. here is the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/127riotstudio

I guess it's going to be in lo-fi until they clear the mp 3

These are raw drum tracks from a band I recorded. I have listed what gear/ mic's these drums were tracked with. I will be putting up some of the analog recordings as well.

Be honest but Please remember this is from my home studio.

Thanks
Amy

Reactions: NL5
Those sound pretty decent for a home studio, except for the cymbals - what happened to the cymbals?

127Riot said:
Can I get a better sounding mix using the adat option with the rosetta or going all analog? Yes

This is such a standard way of working I'm not sure why you started a thread about it.

Also, are you using a really good word clock like a Big Ben, for example? I think you'll find that improves teh sound of the Digi 002.

I use a UA 2192 as my main stereo converter, and as the master word clock for my studio. When I use my 002R it is clocked to the UA and really doesn't sound bad. I usually monitor from the 002R main outs when using it, and while I prefer my Benchmark DAC-1 the 002R converters are quite usable. Not the best, but not as bad as you are describing them either.

That's my opinion anyway.

Reactions: NL5
I'm not sure I have been working on my room. Also I started using the 414's and that helped alot. Does it sound like bad placement?

SonicAlbert said:
This is such a standard way of working I'm not sure why you started a thread about it.

Also, are you using a really good word clock like a Big Ben, for example? I think you'll find that improves teh sound of the Digi 002.

I use a UA 2192 as my main stereo converter, and as the master word clock for my studio. When I use my 002R it is clocked to the UA and really doesn't sound bad. I usually monitor from the 002R main outs when using it, and while I prefer my Benchmark DAC-1 the 002R converters are quite usable. Not the best, but not as bad as you are describing them either.

That's my opinion anyway.
I am not using a master clock. I commonly use the rosetta through the adat of the 002. when tracking digital. This way I bypass the 002 converters. The drum tracks on the sound click mp3 was all the 002 with the octopre through the adat if I remember correctly. But not sure.
Btw All i was trying to say was the prootools software is a great software. I would just like to see it matched up with better hardware. I have ran many a and b test's on audio signals. I can hear a major difference between 002 and other converters. They're not the worst.
Thanks

Back