Help w/ Presonus Bluetube preamp?

heritageparksr

I'm a noob seeking help w/ Bluetube preamp from Presonus. I hope you can help in a timely manner as i have only 7 days to return it to the pawn shop. I could not test it there as they did not have equipment, but it atleast turned on. And was only $50.

Now, i am trying to use it with my condenser mic thru a Tascam digital 8 track. I have 2 male female XLRs and i can't get any sound with the preamp. So i do not know if it is defective or i am hooking it up wrong. It has 2 channels and an input and output for both.

I tried doing the mic into the preamp input and the preamp output into the 8track input but no luck. There aren't many combos left to try unless it is something really obvioys I'm overlooking. Can anyone help? Many thnx and gratitude

As long as you know how to get working signal into the Tascam (vague description given) and your cables are good, then just make sure the phantom power switch is on. That has to be on for a condenser mic to work.

BTW, is it the old Bluetube silver or the DP?

I believe it is the silver & It is the tascam DP-03sd... I have phantom power on both units... Does that input output setup above sound correct or? Also i can't get the meter to pick up a signal of any kind, wouldn't it pick up something and make the needle move even without an audible output?

If your mic and cables are working and connected properly, then the unit is likely defective. :(

You however only want the Phantom power enabled on the Bluetube. That shouldn't be an issue.

And yes, if you are not seeing input level on the BT then there is either an issue with your mic, cable, or phantom power of the BT, or it is just fried.

Check all of these by eliminating the possible causes. Does your mic work input to the Tascam? If so then the cable and mic are good. If the BT does not get signal then either the phantom power or the preamp is toast. Does the 'silver' have a guitar input? See if that works, and if there is a switch on there, push it in and out many times to see if that is an issue. Other than that, you may just be best returning it.

Yes i tried the gtr input and no signal, although there was no output. I don't know how the cables aould be setup properly to the Tascam because lack of manual

If your mic and cables are working and connected properly, then the unit is likely defective. :(

You however only want the Phantom power enabled on the Bluetube. That shouldn't be an issue.

And yes, if you are not seeing input level on the BT then there is either an issue with your mic, cable, or phantom power of the BT, or it is just fried.

Check all of these by eliminating the possible causes. Does your mic work input to the Tascam? If so then the cable and mic are good. If the BT does not get signal then either the phantom power or the preamp is toast. Does the 'silver' have a guitar input? See if that works, and if there is a switch on there, push it in and out many times to see if that is an issue. Other than that, you may just be best returning it.

Back