Help with upgrade

Juan_M

Hello all!

Ok, so I've put together a few $$, around 700-800, to upgrade my current setup. I'm pretty satisfied with all my gear but my interface, a Line6 UX2. It works fine but it just sounds boring.... So what are my options? Should I buy a good preamp (I like dual channels.....), a new interace?... any ideas? It could be anything that I use with the UX2 or instead of it... I'm really open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Juan

Depending on your setup, I think the most inexpensive way to upgrade from the line 6 unit would be to grab one of the Mackie Onyx sattelites. Similar, but way better pre's for only 200 bucks. Then, spend the rest on another color of pre or on mics, wherever.

Pete

My setup is fairly simple right now. I have a PC based studio (Sonar 6) with a pair of Edirol monitors in an acoustically treated basement. AT4033, a few dynamic mics for acoustic intruments and guitar amps and that's about it. I mostly record vocals and acoustic instruments and guitar amps and bass (DI) ocasionally. Nothing big....

A friend of mine, whose acoustic guitar recordings I love, told me he uses Apogee Mini-Me and that it was a huge step up for him from some MOTU interface he had....

I could probably stretch the money and buy the Mini-Me but I think I'd probably have to buy something like an Emu 0404, with digital input so I could monitor my stuff, right? It's probably more that I want to spend but that's what credit cards are for! ;)

Back