Help with Apollo quad Plezz

weezamiah

I installed the software for the apollo and authorized the plugins.I keep getting error messages a f/w controller has changed or max the bandwith or the f/w buss has been exceeded. also one or more uad 2 devices is connected to a f/w bus controller that has issues running at f/w speed. also the green steady light does not come on.. ua audio tech told me i have to buy another f/w port that support the apollo.since the ones that come on the macs are not supported. is this true? im running a mac pro 266 dual core 10 g of ram.

I installed the software for the apollo and authorized the plugins.I keep getting error messages a f/w controller has changed or max the bandwith or the f/w buss has been exceeded. also one or more uad 2 devices is connected to a f/w bus controller that has issues running at f/w speed. also the green steady light does not come on.. ua audio tech told me i have to buy another f/w port that support the apollo.since the ones that come on the macs are not supported. is this true? im running a mac pro 266 dual core 10 g of ram.

I have never used one and I haven't seen many people yet who own them. Your best bet would be to visit their support website. I believe that you can even call them and someone will help you figure it out. Here's a link! :D

Apollo Support Page

Phone Support

USA (toll free)
877-698-2834

International
+1-831-440-1176

Unfortunately, all firmware ports are not the same. the Texas instruments chipset seems to be the only one that anyone will guarantee their stuff to work with. It's need a standard thing with firewire interfaces since the beginning.

Luckily a firewire card only costs $20 or so with the correct chipset.

Back