hearing stereo??

Spider

heres my setup.. from the souncard outs im runing a left and right signal into a stereo channel (aux return actually) of my mixer. I thought everything was ok until today. I use this simply for monitoring while laying down tracks. I have my monitors connected to the monitor outs on the desk so when setting up different tracks ill just use the pfl button on the channel im setting up. But then i tried the outs from the soundcard going into the two track return. I actually heard all the left and right pans perfectly. Why is this? Is there another way i can set this up? cheers all..
spider

no i dont john... seems that when i listen to the pfl of a signal i dont hear any stereo. Is this how it usually is? At the moment im using the same stereo input but the monitors are connected to bus1+2 and i just direct the signal from the pc outs to there.. and now i hear all the pans i do perfectly clear. Is it something to do with the fact i was listening to the pfl , and not the post ..which in theory would look at the signal after the pan pots and fader.. is this how it works?? well im comfortable using it this way , but it would be nice to have them connected to where they should be (monitor outs).. well cheers for that john..
spider

Back