Has anyone here used a Digitech DSP 256 XL multi effects unit.

chrisghost

To cut a long story short; a guy I know owed me a favour, so he gave me some of his old gear.

Among it is a pair of Digitech DSP 256 XL rack multi effects processors.

I'm going to try them out next weekend, in the mean time I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them.

20+ years ago it was by far my favorite effects unit. It was at least as good as the Alesis offerings in the late 80s. By todays standards its kind of dated sounding. Even free isnt a good deal if the sound isnt good. I suggest you look for something cheap but a little newer. Alesis wedge is what I always recomend if you dont want to spend much money. They usually go for around 75 dollars and are a giant step forward from a 256xl.

Digetech DSP 256XL

I have two of them and Love THEM both....they have great sound and are very easy to setup and control...I think you can go crazy with all the GAS out there, but this thing has every little bit of power those newer gagets use....and put on two amps and they sound crazy good!!!! Johnne in Seattle:guitar::cool:

by the way who doesn't like the lead Joe Walsh does in Hotel California....yeah you get that too~!!~

Back