Gyraf users here?

kojdogg

bollocks redux!
Any people using stuff made from Gyraf schematics here? I just got an assembled G1176 in a trade, but the meter got busted in transit :mad:, so it will be a little bit longer before I can test it out. Pretty psyched however :D

The G1176 should work fine even with a busted meter - but obviously you won't have a readout of what you're doing...

Jakob Erland
Gyraf Audio

awesome-- that's what the dude who made it told me as well. thanks for stopping in-- i'm trying to learn the diy stuff, so hopefully i can make one myself at some point in the not too distant future!

dude-- what you do with your ugly thing behind closed doors is better left unsaid in a public forum
:D

I built a Gyraf valve preamp (G9) which I'm very pleased with.

The G9? That must have been what I borrowed off a friend...he knows a guy who likes to build audio gear, and he loaned me a couple of the guy's homemade preamps including the G9. I thought it sounded big and full in the mids with a pleasing air in the highs.

The G9? That must have been what I borrowed off a friend...he knows a guy who likes to build audio gear, and he loaned me a couple of the guy's homemade preamps including the G9. I thought it sounded big and full in the mids with a pleasing air in the highs.
Yeah, I guess the types of valves and xformers used will change the sound (and to a lesser extent caps etc.) but on the whole it's a nice sounding pre.

Back