Guitar MIDI pickup with VST?

YanKleber

Retired
Hey,

I have seen the new Fishman Tripleplay and imagined that using it with VST instruments may be an interesting (and budget) alternative to a Roland GR system.

There is someone here that tried such combination?

Hey,

I have seen the new Fishman Tripleplay and imagined that using it with VST instruments may be an interesting (and budget) alternative to a Roland GR system.

There is someone here that tried such combination?

Yes- I use the TriplePlay. It comes with a range of interesting software, Kontakt, Sampletank 2, Reaktor, Guitar Rig etc and its factory patches sound sweet. You can manipulate and save your own variants of the factory patches or use third-party VSTs. I'm using Spectrasonics Omnisphere to good effect
Tripleplay runs in your sequencer of choice too. The software is solid- but I recommend sticking with the stable version as the beta still has some skidmarks. Fishman are fixing those so I'll use the 1.4 down the road a ways.

Unlike a hardware synth though- and I have a Roland GR20- Tripleplay leaves you at the mercy of Windows. It runs on Windows 7 and up. I don't know if there's a Linux variant or if it runs on a Mac.
Oh yeah- avoid the FC-1 foot controller - which is just a glorified footswitch.

Back