Gt5

sparrow

I have a Boss GT5. I think it's a pile of poo when it comes to D.I. recording. Is there something better then this? What do you guys use? I no longer play live...

You're gonna geta bunch of suggestions. Probably the toughest one to swallow will be get a nice, lower power tube amp. I'm a big fan of my THD Univalve. If volume is a concern, you can always get a hot plate or power attenuator to keep it under control.

Now, I'm gonna set myself up for a trashing, I know a lot of folks really hate the modelers, but I like my POD. Hit the local Guitar Center and check one out...you decide.

punkin said:
You're gonna geta bunch of suggestions. Probably the toughest one to swallow will be get a nice, lower power tube amp. I'm a big fan of my THD Univalve. If volume is a concern, you can always get a hot plate or power attenuator to keep it under control.

Now, I'm gonna set myself up for a trashing, I know a lot of folks really hate the modelers, but I like my POD. Hit the local Guitar Center and check one out...you decide.

I've been out of the playing game for a while now (15 years) so I'm not 'up' on what's hot. But I have heard of the Pod. And I've heard good things about it too. Another question I have is, I like to play My Les Paul as the primary instrument. Just because it's a pleasure to play. How much difference does it make with the newer processors using humbuckers as opposed to single coil pick ups? I've noticed that the GT5 works best with my strat! (But I still thinks it's a pile of poo!)

I'm humbucker kinda guy. I've only got one strat and it's a H/S/S setup. Like I said before, it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you've gotta go modeller, I like the POD. Lots of pre-sets that you can download or you can tweak the sounds on your own. If you have a PC (as you surely do), there's a freebie software tweak package that lets you go even further. Frankly, IMHO feel that clean sounds might be the drawback to the POD. It does have presets but they're nothing compared to an old Fender amp but, then again, I like my sound a little dirty.

I highly recommend that you check it out first hand. Strap on some headsets and have at it.

I think there is a setting that changes the sound of the output depending on whether you are hooking up to an amp, headphones, or line in. Might wanna try fiddling with that.

:) Hey Reggie. Thanks for that! I'll dig the manual out...

Punkin. I think I'll give it a go and visit my local music emporium! Much obliged!

Back