[SOLVED] Great River ME-1NV

I have been reading extensively and have decided to get the Great River pre.

It has a lot to do with power transformers and class A operation. There is a very good article about class A operation at the UA site.

It will provide you with great operational performance under any condition and load.

It's a Neve based design too and solid state. I already have the SOLO 610 so I basically have tubes covered.

Best of both worlds, Putnam and Neve.

I know there are more closely Neve based pres out there but those are really expensive . The GR is a little over my budget but I think it's worth it.

Honestly with these 2 great pres and the Roland 2400 with expansion board and plugins if my stuff sounds like sheet you can blame the engineer not the equipment.

Yes I was wrong about the Summit. Too many pres and too much info, a lot of confusion.

Like I just read that the original Neve was class AB which is very different than class A for those who understand it. I have a basic idea but am no expert. Yet so many companies say they are Neve types and run Class A.....so much BS these days.

I also heard some samples of the Avalon and was not impressed.

So far I think I narrowed it down to the Solo 610 I have and the GR. After hearing as many samples as I can find on the net I think my knowledge of electronics and what I like has guided me to the correct choices.

You can't really go wrong with the Great River. I am picking up a pair soon, but I am going to get them in the 500 series format. There is just waaaay to many cool and affordable 500 series stuff coming out and already out between Great River, Chandler, API, Shadow Hills, Avedis, La Chapelle, OSA, Purple, Buzz, John Hardy (soon hopefully) and probably even more:)

You can't really go wrong with the Great River. I am picking up a pair soon, but I am going to get them in the 500 series format. There is just waaaay to many cool and affordable 500 series stuff coming out and already out between Great River, Chandler, API, Shadow Hills, Avedis, La Chapelle, OSA, Purple, Buzz, John Hardy (soon hopefully) and probably even more:)

Don't forget A Designs.

plus shinybox, jlm, s&m audio, vintage design, audio upgrades (jim willliams), and a bunch of new companies like "you pretty duck", a company called "estatic electric" (that may just be a module), and a bunch of others i've seen, but can't find right now.

i have an empty 3 space lunchbox and this explosion is the main reason i keep alternately telling myself-- "awesome-- i can fill it up!" and "sh*t-- sell it before you try to fill it up!"

Back