gnx3 vs gnx4

jrhoden

...And Justice For All
ive been using a gnx3 for quite some time now....hooked up to my mg100 hdfx it can pump out some great sounds....i really love it ive used many many different efx over the years various single pedals to zoom,etc.... is it worth upping to the gnx4?....

ive side by side compared them and there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference....

those things both sound gay as shit to me to be honest

there was some kid in a class of mine who came in to record himself playing through one of those things, and i swear to god it was the most cheese shit i've ever heard....some van halen wannabe 10 minute solo with distortion, wah, and flanging that all sucked. hard.

Make a list of things that bug you about your current unit. Does the new unit address those issues? If not, red flag.

Does it offer a significant workflow advantage or new features you would enjoy? If not, red flag.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, does it sound better to you? If not, huge red flag.

Don't base your purchases off of anonymous posts by people whose tastes and experiences may vary greatly from your own.

Good luck!

I own a Gnx3 and would not upgrade to the 4. I think the effects are not bad however, the amp modeling is terrible. I've been using a Vox Tonelab and I think it sounds much better than the Gnx3. Just my $02.

Back