GAP Pre73 Rack Shelf

Has anyone mounted their GAP Pre73 using a generic rack shelf? I can't bring myself to pay $50 for the "Unite Dual Rack Mount" that they offer. The kicker here is that for the time being, I would be unable to drill holes in the generic shelf if that is needed. Thanks!

If there are no mounting holes, and you don't want to drill, then use heavy duty Velcro to attach the equipment to the shelf. This will add a few millimetres to the overall height, so you could end up using 2RU spaces.

Has anyone mounted their GAP Pre73 using a generic rack shelf? I can't bring myself to pay $50 for the "Unite Dual Rack Mount" that they offer. The kicker here is that for the time being, I would be unable to drill holes in the generic shelf if that is needed. Thanks!

I just left a full-width rack space for it in between two other pieces of rack gear. So it just rests below my rack-mounted interface and atop a dual pre i have. To make them not be resting metal on metal, I just put some little round felt pieces on the bottom of the pre 73 and slid it in (the stuff you put on furniture feet so it doesn't scratch floors). This also prevents your precious gear from getting any rack rash.

It was so lonely there by itself, so I eventually bought a dbx 163x compressor on ebay. It's also a half rack, so I slid it right in there next to the pre 73. You can't really see the dbx in this pic (masked from this angle by xlr looms going into my interface), but you can see the little red box in there. You'd never know it wasn't rack-mounted and it makes for easy removal if need be.

Excuse the messiness as I was in the middle of percussion overdubs when i snapped this. Thanks.

Desk.JPG

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. Sorry - I had completely forgotten that I asked this until I was doing some searches on my username! :drunk:

Back