FX unit for use with POD2.0

Cousin Dupree

All,
I am looking fo a good FX unit for use with a Line 6 POD 2.0 that I have. I will be using it mainly in a home studio recording environment, recording direct from the POD.

A couple of units that I have looked at are the Digitech Studio series and the Line 6 DL4/MM4 pedals. I guess what I am looking for is something with good delay/modulation effects. I don't need distortions /amp/cabinet sims since the POD is already doing this for me.

The other question I had is where I would actually connect the FX unit. Before POD? Does this mess up the POD amp sims? After POD? Will I then I lose the DI capability?

Thanks.

I was under the impression that the POD had FX in it already.So I guess you're saying you're not satisfied with them.If so,the delay and mod.FX on digitech stuff is preety good(studio 200).Or there's the Alesis MIDIVERB IV.Whatever you get,you need to plug the POD into it,not the other way around if you want toget the benefit of the POD.Any seperate FX processor puts out a line level signal,so you should still be able to go direct.Cheers!

Thanks for the info.

On the POD, in addition to reverb and delay (which are always available), you can choose from one of: compression, chorus, flanger, tremolo and rotary speaker effects. There is also a wah function that becomes accessable with a Line 6 Floorboard or Midi controler.

The effects themselves are quite usable, but the cominations are limited.

Back