Furman AC-215 vs Tripplite ISOBAR4Ultra

rel406

Complete noob here, but I'm looking at two small power conditioners. I know some say that they're all just snake oil, but I'd rather error on the side of caution.

I'm looking for small, portable units to power a power amp and some rack effects.

I have narrowed it down to these two, but I don't know beans about power conditioner/surge protector specs.

Is there someone here that can point me to be best one for protecting my gear and providing a clean source of power?

15A Two Outlet Power Conditioner | Furman Power | Purifying power for over 40 years.
Isobar 4 Outlet Surge Protector 6 ft Cord 3300 Joules Diagnostic LEDs (ISOBAR4ULTRA) | Tripp Lite

Thank you in advance!

Mod: if this should be somewhere else, please feel free to move it

Last edited:
Ive bought them before and the ones I had were convenient and well built.
But when I opened the hood there wasnt much in there. actually the one I had was only some disc caps soldered on the receptacles. but the rack was nice to have receptacles there.

the conditioning part ...i dont know. TrippLite makes good stuff but Im not sold on the conditioning.
maybe a oscope would show some improvement.

if you are wanting protection from lightening spikes the skys the limit, battery backup UPS could be nice and give you some time to save your work.

i have a funny story that I had a pretty expensive conditioner and while silencing my room of noises , using a LDC +28mv/pa sensitive mic as the "noise finder" ...my conditioner was found to be the #2 noisest thing in the room so I replaced it with a $5 plastic power strip that was dead quiet.

I do have a rack unit that is very functional and used and has the disc caps for some filtering.
But its pretty sparse inside!

Attachments

• power conditioner.png
    power conditioner.png
    775.8 KB · Views: 83
  • furman.jpg
    furman.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 75
just add if you read the below 1073 thread theres two other mentions of ac hum comments...

Back