Funny first look at the presonus tube pre

"Circle with a line through it" puts the pre-amp in voice-over mode.

Oh. Dear.
And all this time I've naively assumed that ø just inverted the signal polarity. Boy, do I feel dumb.

"Circle with a line through it" puts the pre-amp in voice-over mode.

Oh. Dear.
And all this time I've naively assumed that ø just inverted the signal polarity. Boy, do I feel dumb.

You feel dumb, I thought it had something to do with the diameter of the microphone.

Technical_Drawing_Hole_01.png

So, to improve my recordings, I need to move from 'Pad' to 'Circle with a line through it', right?

I have never seen such an in depth and scientifically rigorous product review.

And I thought that it meant *Say No To Omni* :p
Made my day :D

However the sound DOES somehow change on some occasions when flipping the polarity. I remember trying out Art tube MP some years ago with headphones and got a different sound. Is this because of the mix of direct soundwaves (and conduction thru bones?) and whats coming out of headphones?

Made my day :D

However the sound DOES somehow change on some occasions when flipping the polarity. I remember trying out Art tube MP some years ago with headphones and got a different sound. Is this because of the mix of direct soundwaves (and conduction thru bones?) and whats coming out of headphones?

This was covered in an article by Stav in Audio Technology magazine a few months back, he suggested that by flipping the phase the singer may get a better headphone sound due to there being a phase problem between the sound hitting the ear and the sound within the singers head, you know what? I tried it and it works.

However Stav did not say push the button, "Circle with the line through it".

Alan.

Back