focusrite octopre or presonud digimax lt?

Malone

hi.. i will be using either a delta 1010 or a motu 828... i need a micpreamp to use for the 8 inputs (1/4 inch).. now. i was looking at the backs of these units.. how do i plug them into the 1/4 connectors on the delta or the motu?

btw which one does everyone prefere?

thanks

Malone said:
hi.. i will be using either a delta 1010 or a motu 828... i need a micpreamp to use for the 8 inputs (1/4 inch).. now. i was looking at the backs of these units.. how do i plug them into the 1/4 connectors on the delta or the motu?

btw which one does everyone prefere?

thanks

With the Octopre, the line ins & outs are on 2 DB-25 connectors located on the rear panel. You will need a snake that has a DB-25 on one end and 1/4" plugs on the other.

The LT has onboard converters, as does the Octopre with the output card. Why not just their ADAT connectors? That way you have the analog inputs on your card open for something else, maybe a higher end pre or two.

so i could use the lightpipe (adat) to run all eight channels from the preamp to the interface? maybe i could buy a sound card withf ewer options (save some cash) is that stupid to limit my self tho with a card that has 2 adat connectors , etc..

wow cool.. that jmlaudio is a little to out of budget. :)

its either a mixer with the delta ( or 828) OR a preamp like the ones i mentioned with the delta ( or 828)..

Malone said:
so i could use the lightpipe (adat) to run all eight channels from the preamp to the interface? maybe i could buy a sound card withf ewer options (save some cash) is that stupid to limit my self tho with a card that has 2 adat connectors , etc..

wow cool.. that jmlaudio is a little to out of budget. :)

its either a mixer with the delta ( or 828) OR a preamp like the ones i mentioned with the delta ( or 828)..

Depends on if 96kHz is important to you. If not, then the ADAT is a pretty good solution. I get 16 in with an LT + an AI3 with various pres attached, and 8 outs via AI3, and I still have 4 more analog ins & outs on the card if I need them. That's plenty for me.

so i i guess i can only get 44.1? well theres an emu card with other options on it as well.. with adat can i still keep the tracks seperated?

Malone said:
so i i guess i can only get 44.1? well theres an emu card with other options on it as well.. with adat can i still keep the tracks seperated?

With one ADAT port you can do 44.1 or 48 on 8 discrete tracks or 88.1/96 on four. The LT is 44.1 or 48 only, so no worries there, but the Octopre can do 96. So if you want 8 tracks of 96 from the Octopre, you need to use two ADAT ports (which alternatively can support 16 tracks of 48).

Back