Focusrite Liquid 56 rear output questions

MikeA

I know this is an older unit that I bought it used and have been very happy so far. But I have some questions concerning setting up headphone sends to a 6 channel headphone box.

I have set up outputs 9 & 10 to be the L/R headphone outputs and have them going into the Rane HC-6 headphone box. I've got signal through to the headphones so that's good, but I notice that I don't have independent control over the monitor volume and the outputs. Why? Is there some way to achieve that? I'm working in a 1 room situation and have to have the monitors turned down when tracking but by doing that there is no output to the HPs. I did have the input to the Rane coming from Headphone 1 output and was able to have separate control but why not on the rear outputs? If I were using outputs 3-10 for reverb sends or something like that that wouldn't be good either. Is it a setting on the LS56 or is that just the way it works?

Thanks,

Mike

Looked at the pdf.. Kind'a like RME's total mix. Bet the answer's there but.. I'm not up for that dive. ;)

Hmmmmm. Came back tonight and tried it again and this time the Monitor control and the HP feed were independent. Problem is, I don't know what I did to "fix" it. I dug into the manual as well and I found some information but after reading what was written several times, I still didn't understand what they were saying. It's late. I'm gettin' outta here...

Thanks mixsit. The manual suggestion was a good one...

OK, so I couldn't let it go. I kept reading on down through the manual and found the section describing the monitor control, including the 10 buttons for each analog output above it. I discovered that if outputs 9/10 are in the Blue state, then the monitor pot controls the feed level of those outputs. When I set it to Gray, the volume was extremely loud but I could adjust the input level of the Rane HC-6 and the Saffire Monitor level did nothing to the signal.

I get it!!

I think...

Mike

Back