Firestudio Project Troubleshooting

ASayles

Well, I have received some help from John with trouble shooting my FSP and decided to make a log for future users to reference.

******if this is the wrong place for this thread please feel free to move it******

MY PROBLEM:
-FSP was randomly freezing during recording. As trouble shooting went on I noticed that it was freezing while not recoding also.
-FSP meters would stop tracking input signal after a freeze, but the sliders still controlled volume levels to main out. Meters refused to work even after restarting S1.
-Blue indicator on FSP stayed on during and after freeze
-internal pc sound is low and scratchy to the point of inaudibility.

MY ATTEMPTS TO FIX
-Universal control un /re install ~
support.presonus.com/entries/113134-FireStudio-Family-How-do-I-Uninstall-Reinstall-my-FireStudio-drivers-in-Microsoft-Windows

-force flash FSP to update firmware ~
support.presonus.com/entries/238433-FireStudio-Family-How-do-I-force-a-firmware-update-for-my-device-and-when-should-I-do-this

-Installed legacy drivers ~
presonus.com/support/downloads/FireStudio-Project

-Optimized Windows ~
support.presonus.com/entries/203607-Studio-One-Optimizing-Windows-Vista-7-Power-Settings-for-Studio-One

-Finally got real nerdy and started to look into the chipset issue some others had. ~
presonus.com/uploads/products/media/files/PreSonus_FireWire_Chipset_Compatibility_7-25-12.pdf

CURRENT STAGE OF TROUBLE SHOOTING
Operating with the assumption that my chipset was wrong, I am waiting for a new firewire card to arrive.

Old Startech PEX1394a
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158089

Presonus statement about chipset JMB381
"This chipset drops data packets, resulting in devices being unable to sync, play and/or record audio properly. JMicron chipsets are found on laptops and motherboards as an embedded interface."

New Vantec, not Presonus tested, but an approved chipset
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815287011

This is a total long shot but have you updated your daw recently? What Daw do you use?

My motu 828 mk2 started randomly locking up last week.
The meters would just hit red and stay there with a bit of a thud.

It turns out the issue was that I installed a PT upgrade without removing the old version first.

Like I say, big long shot.

Back