fill this space

dr.colossus

i am finally buying my babies a house, thats right my rack units will no longer be strewn all over the place :)

problem: i bought an 8 space rack, but i only have 7 racks worth of gear :D

i've got two channels of compression, three gates, stereo multi fx, patch bay(in a couple of weeks), soon to get an rnc (maybe)..... anyhow, i've got enough gear to see my recordings through, its just that i dont like the idea of having an empty space......

what would you guys suggest i fill the space with? (something cheap)... my thoughts so far; cheap exciter, another fx unit....

i dont really need anything, i just want to fill that damn hole!

DigitMus said:
A Funk Logic Digilog Dynamicator - check it out at www.mercenary.com

Adding a white L.E.D. and a AAA battery behind the VU meter will make it even cooler.

Scott

this thing doesn't actually do anything does it?

i dont believe its actually cheaper than a hardwood filler :D

QUOTE:..........."what would you guys suggest i fill the space with? (something cheap)... "

Rose Porteus(nee Hancock)

Danni(sp) Minogue

Kylie Minogue

A blow-up love doll.........mounted at the appropriate height.

:D

Sorry Doc, I couldn't resist.

:cool:

Just an idea, but do you have a power conditioner? Something like a furman with an adjustable light source is nice.

Fangar

No dr.c it doesn't do anything, but it looks cool as hell. It's also good for "phantom adjustments", y'know when the guitarist hears something that isnt there, or the drummer doesn't hear something that is... you just adjust one of the controls and say "You were right, that's just what it needed."
:D

Scott

i was thinking of getting a behringer mx602 just for whatever, then i found this thing the "in5" which is basically a rackmountable 602 with two heaphone outs (very handy) and an A-D converter so i can run a mix s/pdif to the soundcard, its only about $20usd mor than the behringer 602 i think this is the leading contender so far (second to the digilog dynamicator)

heres a link to the in5 (you have to scroll down a little),

http://www.smproaudio.com/new_release.htm

what do you all think?

Either buy a blank faceplate or if you don't have one purchase a power conditioner (you need one anyway).

Carl

Back