A few good effects...

I was thinking about getting the Behringer DSP1000 (otherwise known as the Virtualizer Pro), because I can get it for $105, and I've been told that it really sounds nice. However, they say that any Lexicon would beat the crap out of the Behringer, so I'm thinking that the Lexicon MPX 100 would be good. It's around $200-$300, but you can probably find a used one on eBay for possibly under $200. The thing that tends to pull me toward the Behringer is its nifty digital display. :)

Isaiah

The Virtualizer Pro is the only piece of equipment I have ever regretted buying. Not any control on matching levels to your mixer/recorder. I do like the delays and flanging and it was only $100 but I would buy the Lexicon MPX100...or the Yamaha Rev500 is a great reverb for $360....and it will still sound good 10 years from now....most of the multi-effects in this price range will be dinosaurs. Only my 2 cents.

I just recently, last Sunday, purchased an Alesis Midiverb4. I've used it everyday and love this unit. I use it for vocals, guitar and keyboards.

A friend of mine has the Lexi and loves it as much as his Midiverb. He uses both and, I guess he likes them equally.

GP

get a used Alesis Wedge. Many flexible
parameters, sounds good, and for under $150 (ususally) on the auction sites, it is the best bargin around. It is NOT rack mountable, and even though that was probably Alesis' attempt for attraction, that was also probably the reason for its downfall. The Lexicon 100 sounds
ok, but not very flexible at all, like most of the other budget units by other companies, in which only two of the parameters (at most) are adjustable. If you just want to "dial up" a reverb and don't care about adjusting the *pre-delay* from a fixed 125ms to 450ms (to match the song tempo and/or application) for instance, get one of these inexpensive units like the Berhinger or even a Zoom (arghhh!) or a nano-something, as they actually all sound pretty decent now-a-days.

Back