favorite plugin suite

tc4b

Yeah I been drinkin, SO!?
I recently moved from protools to reaper, and I like it except for the plugins. I'm trying to get the comp and verb to work for me, and I probably haven't spent enough time with them yet, but I'm thinking of investing in a plugin suite with the basic stuff (comp, reverb, delay, etc.)

What's your favorite >$400 solution? Or does everyone pick and choose from different brands uinstead of buying a pacage deal? I likke the idea of the UAD card, but right now I don't want to spend that much.

Thanks for any help!

Are great for being free, but far from ideal IMO if you are comparing them against others.

I found the Wave Arts Power Suite 5 to be very useable/musical and I use the reverb alot.

Alot ppl will diss Waves this days but I like alot of the plugins that come in the Waves Native Power Pack.

And last but not least, the Voxengo are some that I LOVE and use the most often. You can buy each effect alacart as you need them and they all sound very clean and great. You can download some of their plugs for free, and the others to test them.

For that matter, most any plug ins you can download demos to try out. Thats what I would do before making your purchase.

Bootsy's plugins are a good addition to the classic series and reapers builtin effects. Have you dug into the JS effects yet? Those are killer!

Kjaruss Classic :)

In my limited plugin based experience, I find the Classic series pretty useful, minus the EQ which I find pretty useless.

Not a huge fan of altering what I record, as if to "polish" though unless it's some sort of "effect" I usually don't use plugs.

However, I am a big fan of recording it how I want it to sound and if there's something I don't like about it, I just re-record it until it sounds "right".

Yeah the EQ sucks, don't know why they don't have a parametric EQ. But I love the Delay and Compressor, and I do use the Phaser when I want that particular effect. I have used the reverb once or twice, but I prefer Glaceverb generally.

Bootsy's stuff is badass, and free. TesslaPRO is amazing.

Just wanted to thank all for the help. I like the Kjaruss Classic and will definitely find uses for most of them. Bootsy I am having a BLAST with!:):):):)

Back