Expression pedal

RFR

Been scoping it out, figured I'd ask.

What's a good sturdy pedal that works well, will last, and feels like a crybaby wah?

Looking for one for my Elevenrack.

Your asking specifics and thats like fishing for one specific fish, imo. So I dont know anything about that type of pedal.

I do have from a given to me junk box a old old CryBaby pedal with the guts out of it except for the gear pot...its made of metal.
Not what you want I know.

Theres the singles, old Boss types and DOD.....then the multi-fx in one pedals with only one ac chord and 1000 presets and 2000 editting functions....then theres the Midi type pedals that control other stuff like rack gear.

You want a pedal of FX in front of your 11 rack? or you want a controller pedal to control the Eleven?

Ive heard the Line 6 HD 500 pedals are nearing the Fractal stuff, as usual the cheap gear catches up over the years.

Ive just added nothing to your thread but the coffees tasting good this morning.

I hope you enjoyed your coffee. I'm enjoying mine as we speak. :)

I don't think my question was 'too soecific' at all.

I've seen plenty of expression pedals on people's boards that are flimsy, or small, or somehow just seem like garbage to me.

On the elevenrack, there's a single TRS inout jack for a pedal. It's either used for a volume or wah.

It could also be used for stepping up and down the programs. (A switch setup for that I could build.) But I just want a wah.

For effects control, i think a floor controller hooked uo via midi is the ticket. (But I don't have interest in that)

Just want a wah, rather than putting one in the input chain.

I just figured wirh all the modern techie gear whores here someone would know what a good pedal is. Theres lots of pedals out there.

But thanks for taking time from your coffee to respond. It was crickets for a while.
It was sooo quiet, I had the chance to determine the self noise of all my mics.
:D

I have an Ernie Ball VPJr that plug into the Pedal input on my Roland GI-10 via a TRS>Dual TS "insert" cable. You jest need to figure out which of T or R is hot. Plug that one into the input of the V pedal and the other into the output. The pot wiper shorts its T to ground at the bottom end. If you've got the input voltage on that connection, it will want to draw a lot of current. One would hope that your device was designed to survive that, but it might work right. Different devices might put that voltage on either T or R, though, so you need to either look up your specific thing or better yet test for yourself with a meter.

Now, the VPJr doesn't exactly feel like a crybaby, but it is a very nice pedal that a lot of people swear by. Plus, I just happened to have one. :) Any passive volume pedal will do it, and I'm sure you could hack a crybaby to do it. Crybabys aren't designed to go all the way to either end of the pot, though. You can adjust the pot to move the range, and remove the rubber bumpers under the rocker to get a bit wider sweep, but you can only get so far, and it's kind of limited for a reason. You might never get to all the way on or all the way off.

There is a good run down of expression pedals here at expressionpedals.com

If you want it to last, the mission engineering ones are good. The plastic M-audio won't last long.
If you get one that feels good and will last then you could use an enhancer from Oz inventions to tailor the exact response that you like.

Im a keyboard player so I like the yamaha f1 ( no inputs)

I had a old wha wha pedal converted many years ago for a module I used to use... Here's a video of a dude that converted and customized a dunlop crybaby for the 11 rack...how he did and how he uses it is in the comments...
YouTube

Oh damn! I know him! Should have just asked. :) he's the one that got me interested in the elevenrack. :D

Apparently you can use an ernie ball volume pedal, which would feel identical to a crybaby since it's the same enclosure sans switch and wah components.

You have to use a TRS slitter though so I don't know how you feel about that. Signal has to be split so you can connect the out and the in apparently.

Also... apparently the taper of the pot kind of sucks for this purpose. Might be better off getting something else.

Back