Equipment Advice!

ScienceOne

Behringer SHARK- good for preamp for my studio?
Roland VS-880- got a chance for one in great condition w/ manual- 500 bucks (should i take it?)

I've heard some great music come out of that box, but I don't know what the going price should be. If you like the box and think the price is worth it to you, sure, pick it up.

Hmmm, find out what expansion options it has installed already, to. If I remember correctly the vs-880 can be upgraded in a variety of ways.

Chris

Avoiding their line of mixers at all costs, 1 must approach Behringer gear with a little caution. Behringer makes decent comps, below-par DSP's, average preamps, a winner in the field
of omni mics,bargain basement active monitors and ordinary yet
workable signal recording enhancers. I have never used the SHARK and basically being a gear slut it MIGHT interest me,but unless the street price is $100 or below I would have to really
give a dirm once-over along with A/B/C comparisons vs other pre's.

I've noticed that the SHARK has these supposedly many features
such as 24 A/D/A converters,compression,time-delay for speaker alignment correction and 48v phantom power housed in an unusally shaped box! The circuitry of the Beh's FEEDBACK DESTROYER is also incorporated into this unit with a 20db pad
and +4/-10 operation.
Again,Unless this unit is priced accordingly to other low priced-Beh
gear,like $100, I wouldn't spend BIG money on it until I have auditioned it with my own EARS!!!
Go check it out and see what's up!

MISTERQCUE said:

Again,Unless this unit is priced accordingly to other low priced-Beh
gear,like $100, I wouldn't spend BIG money on it until I have auditioned it with my own EARS!!!
Go check it out and see what's up!

It's 60 dollars.

Back