EQ Pedals

I was looking at these as well but they are not really isolated outputs. I forget the actual technical reason, not grounded properly or something. It's just a fancy daisy chain similar to the one spot.

Ah, I see. I definitely want something isolated. There's bound to be a cheaper alternative to Fuel Tank - they seem to have cornered the market and are expensive. 8 spots will be fine for me. If I get a bit short I don't mind daisy chaining a few "back row" pedals in the loop. Delay, reverb etc.

Just want to make sure that all the drive and modulations are isolated.

I'm skeptical of the Chinese stuff, though I have had luck with them. But for the price of a new Chinese eq I'd rather spend a bit more on something else new or possibly used. Between shipping times, trying it out and then potentially dealing with reselling it for another $50 or so is worth it for me to just get name brand tried and true stuff. Now the delay I have was cheap, I have a mod pedal that was cheap and they both work well and don't make noise. I have another delay on the way I'm trying but it was only like $22, so worth a gamble. I've had a few others though that were noisy.

I'm skeptical of the Chinese stuff, though I have had luck with them. But for the price of a new Chinese eq I'd rather spend a bit more on something else new or possibly used. Between shipping times, trying it out and then potentially dealing with reselling it for another $50 or so is worth it for me to just get name brand tried and true stuff. Now the delay I have was cheap, I have a mod pedal that was cheap and they both work well and don't make noise. I have another delay on the way I'm trying but it was only like $22, so worth a gamble. I've had a few others though that were noisy.

I'm pretty impressed with the build quality of my Mooer and ToneCity stuff, even though the Mooer "Echolizer" is a bit fishtanky, its not noisy and doesn't show any signs of anything coming loose.

Ah, I see. I definitely want something isolated. There's bound to be a cheaper alternative to Fuel Tank - they seem to have cornered the market and are expensive. 8 spots will be fine for me. If I get a bit short I don't mind daisy chaining a few "back row" pedals in the loop. Delay, reverb etc.

Just want to make sure that all the drive and modulations are isolated.

I mean the one spot is fine for me if I just have a few pedals running, like now I have the a/b/y, a delay and reverb and it's fine. Once I put more it starts getting noisy. And I have a boss rc-30 that uses 9v adapter but if I use that with the one spot and even one other pedal it all goes to hell. I need the fuel tank because I want to run a delay and reverb on one amp and a drive, delay, mod and looper on the other and switch between the two with the a/b/y which also needs power. So I need clean power for all of that.

I'm pretty impressed with the build quality of my Mooer and ToneCity stuff, even though the Mooer "Echolizer" is a bit fishtanky, its not noisy and doesn't show any signs of anything coming loose.

Definitely. It's seems hit or miss with me lol. The build quality of everything I've had it had seems good. I had one weird thing with the joyo dogital delay in that if you leave the battery in and it dies the pedal doesn't work at all even when plugged in. You have to take the battery out, thought that was kind of weird, had never experienced that before.

I just find the 1-Spot to be OK, but just generally a little noisy and also untidy. I've now got three drive pedals on my board and I might get a Tube Screamer too.

My wah wah can be a little noisy too but I've rewired to true bypass when I was replacing the switch so the inside of it is like a solid block of solder with wires sticking out.

I just find the 1-Spot to be OK, but just generally a little noisy and also untidy. I've now got three drive pedals on my board and I might get a Tube Screamer too.

My wah wah can be a little noisy too but I've rewired to true bypass when I was replacing the switch so the inside of it is like a solid block of solder with wires sticking out.

I found this to be the best value: https://www.amazon.com/Truetone-Spo...s=Truetone+isolated&psc=1&smid=A2DQ6SL0SOX2YW

It's isolated and quiet/clean but you can daisy chain things if you need to. It's a lot cheaper than some others that give all that ability.

That is interesting - I'll see if I can find a UK version with a UK plug.

On EQ pedals - I just got a Boss GE7 in the end. MXR10s do come up on eBay but they're still going for a fair bit more money than a GE7 is new. They're also 18V instead of 9V which is a little inconvenient.

While I'm at it, has anyone tried one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E97OPIW?psc=1

I've been looking at these recently too. There are loads of different models on Amazon that all look pretty similar barring the company name, so I'm guessing there's a factory somewhere in China that makes all these generics that get rebadged by whichever company. The Spartan Music one looks like it can power some 12v & 18v pedals as well.

I've looked at quite a few reviews for the Mosky and haven't come across any mention of noise bleeding through or a struggle to handle multiple pedals, which I guess are the main concerns. The complaints I have seen are more about faulty units, but the customer service seem to replace these pretty quickly.

My mate's got a fuel tank and a lot of pedals, so I think I'm going to take a punt on one of these and take it round his house to A/B the two

My mate's got a fuel tank and a lot of pedals, so I think I'm going to take a punt on one of these and take it round his house to A/B the two

Mate, if you did that would be great. Its the next thing on my list of boring shit that I don't really want to spend my hard earned on.

Mate, if you did that would be great. Its the next thing on my list of boring shit that I don't really want to spend my hard earned on.

Yeah, I know man - I'm reluctant to part with £100+ for a power block too. He's buggered off to Texas for the next couple of weeks, but I'll report back once I've had chance to give them both a try.

Yeah, I know man - I'm reluctant to part with £100+ for a power block too. He's buggered off to Texas for the next couple of weeks, but I'll report back once I've had chance to give them both a try.

Cool, cheers.

Back