Does the output change from mono to stereo?

vomortis

Hello!! - I've got a question about the inputs on the breakout box on the delta 44 -

My set-up is as follows:

Mic (mono) -> Audiobuddy Input 1-> RNC -> Delta 44 Breakout Box

The leads haven't arrived yet, they are still in the post, so I haven't connected anything up yet.

Well, my question is, is the output of the RNC into the breakout box stereo or mono? I know the mic's signal is mono, but does it somehow change to stereo along the line because it has been compressed?

If it is stereo, how can I get it into the delta's inputs, since they are mono? Do I connect to 2 inputs using a Y-lead from the RNC?

btw, thanks for your help with my previous posts, I'm getting there, slowly!

Well I don't have an RNC but my also Relatively Nice Compressor takes a mono in and produces a mono out. If there's only one output it's mono! If there are two marked left and right it's stereo.

Generally it's just the fancy effects boxes that take a mono in and then offer a stereo out.

The RNC is a 2-channel unit - meaning - if you send a stereo signal in, you'll get a compressed stereo signal back out. If you send a mono in, it'll be mono out....

Blue Bear Sound said:
The RNC is a 2-channel unit - meaning - if you send a stereo signal in, you'll get a compressed stereo signal back out. If you send a mono in, it'll be mono out....

With one cable each for left and right or just one cable and use one of the sides for mono.

Back