Do I need a power conditioner?

Need is a relative term.

You define what you need...which is usually tied to how much you are willing to spend.
Usually the needs drop off as the cost goes up. :)

I've noticed that on HR...people tend to not need a lot of things. ;)

THIS is the simple inexpensive UPS unit I use for the recording PC. It has possibly saved my data twice over 5 years.

Battery life is now at 65% so 15 minutes of backup power if needed. It was like 30 minutes I believe when new.

I've had an APC Back-UPS HT 1000 for about 8 years now...which has the replaceable batteries that I've replaced twice, the second time last summer, so I have a couple of years or so before they go.
The bats seem to be good for about 3 years or so...then the drop off rapidly.

THIS is the simple inexpensive UPS unit I use for the recording PC. It has possibly saved my data twice over 5 years.

Battery life is now at 65% so 15 minutes of backup power if needed. It was like 30 minutes I believe when new.

I was looking at that exact unit after reading this thread earlier today. I might just pick one up.

Without a back up generator you risk your lava lamp going out...and that could be serious! :D

At the risk being permenantly banned I'm going to share something…I don't have a lava lamp. :eek: There are two reasons for this, from what I've read, incomprehensible mistake: 1. I don't have the room for one on my current desk 2. I don't have anywhere to plug the damn thing in (see original post) :D

I ain't got no stinking lava lamp. I actually outgrew the 60s and 70s.

Besides, most of my gear is 80s and 90s. It wouldnt be period correct. :-)

I live next door to a supposedly-extinct volcano. The lava lamp is like an early warning device...

Back