Desk rack?

NeoMagick said:
I think that is quite probably the best designed compact studio workstation I've ever seen, period. Nice, nice work.

Thanks for the compliment. :)
I have gone through various desks some made for recording others not, and have found that most of the did not utilize space well enough. I have usually has limited space, so the way I found to utilize it best was to build my own.

Here are some old pictures at John Sayers Site of my old studio setup. Eveything here was built into the wall. The large console limited me to where I could put my large speakers.

You are probably going to have to put a leg on it.

The upper part of my mixer rack used to sag because originally it didn't have the center support.

The other option would be to put a steel bar across it, attached to the legs on either side. That would allow you to avoid having a leg there. Legroom/convenience is an issue no matter how you try to solve it. I doubt cross bracing in back will do anything.

SonicAlbert said:
You are probably going to have to put a leg on it.

The upper part of my mixer rack used to sag because originally it didn't have the center support.

The other option would be to put a steel bar across it, attached to the legs on either side. That would allow you to avoid having a leg there. Legroom/convenience is an issue no matter how you try to solve it. I doubt cross bracing in back will do anything.

What hurts the structure is having the opened area for the mixer. Thanks for the suggestion. I know someone who can fabricate a good metal support.

Gbondo - You could also just build a 4 or 6 space rack that spans the back of the desk. That gives you a raised shelf to put your monitors on.

EDIT - I see that's what Fish is doing. Do that, lol.

TexRoadkill said:
Gbondo - You could also just build a 4 or 6 space rack that spans the back of the desk. That gives you a raised shelf to put your monitors on.

EDIT - I see that's what Fish is doing. Do that, lol.
Yeah...I'm starting to lean that way.

Back