Delta 1010 to Mackie HUI question

Superhuman

Shagaholic
Hi there, stupid setup question...

I have a delta 1010 in my rack between my guitar rig and pc. I recently got a Mackie HUi which is working out great. The Delta has two midi ports (1 out & 1 in), these are connected to the Mackie. Now the problem is, where do I connect my midi keyboard (a basic Evolution half length model)?

Noob questions , I know...

you have a few options:

get a bigger midi interface, one with at least two "in" ports.

get a midi merge box, which allows you to merge the output of two devices (in this case your hui and evolution) into one.

unless i'm missing something really obvious, i don't see how to successfully daisy chain this config.

If the HUI is anything like my MCU (witch is problably is) it has to have its own dedicated midi you cannot daisychain another unit with it, so I bought a midiman 2x2 USB midi interface to solve my problem, now I have 4 ins and 4 outs. (two on my two 24/96 sound cards) for two keyboards and a drum machine and my MCU

Don't forget you can probably use the computer's serial interface for MIDI with an adapter cable. I have an older Roland controller that came with an RS232 cable adapter.

Back