Dedicated effects processor for 20 years old synths.

anppilot

Never Act Like U Know All
I have 4 synths that have no effects built in, or have crap efx built in

Yamaha TX802 = DX7 in rack form
Yamaha TX81Z = DX11 in rack form
Yamaha TG77 = SY77 in rack form
and
Yamaha TG500 = SY85 in rack form

Alot of the sounds in them can be used in todays mixes provided they sound "alive", not flat (detune, reverbs, choruses, etc)

I want a pro effects unit for sound so Ive decided on Lexicon.

Either the MX300 or MX400. The 200 has only 2 in 2 out wiche means each synth would have its own dedicated efx unit.

With the 400, there are 4 in 4 out. Wich means that one 400 can work 2 synths (2 lefts, 2 rights)

What do you think the better would be? 1 for each synth, or share the 400 for 2 synths?

I'd go with the MX400. With the 400 you can set up 2 effects busses which will actually give you the ability of 4 possible combinations (of the 2 effects) on any synth sent to the busses.

Long way around to saying it gives you flexability. :)

Long way around to saying it gives you flexability. :)

Yeah, i think you are correct. If I just did 2 MX400's, that is a total of 8 ins/outs or 4 stereo pairs.

And dedicate 2 for each synth using only 2 MX400's which would save $600.00

Thanks.

With the 400, there are 4 in 4 out. Wich means that one 400 can work 2 synths (2 lefts, 2 rights)

Not sure about the TG500 but I'm fairly certain the other synthesizers on your list don't actually do anything "stereo" from their Left/Right (sic) outputs. Unless you're using the two outputs for multitimbral voice allocation, they're redundant; the TX802, TX81Z, and TG77 are monaural instruments.

So if it really has 4 inputs, you could rout all 4 synthesizers into a single Lexicon 400 and use its ambience programs to stereoize them all.

Back