dbx 266xl vs composer pro

I would go with the DBX. they were the first in compressors if I'm not mistaken. I used a 266 for my front of house at a show last week and I was really impressed. finally a low cost compressor that really works. If you on a budget, its the way to go.
Bill

I am a 266XL user and I like it very much. It is very easy and intuitive to use. The composer pro is a good unit too. It is hard to say if one is better than the other. Just stay away from the 3630! (mush mush)

-jhe

flatrock - just to balance things out: we have an esteemed moderator here (not me) who endorses the Behringer and another esteemed moderator (me) who's trying to learn how to use it. My impression so far is that the biggest limitations involved in using the Behringer is my own ignorance. Every time I figure something out, it responds appropriately and I get better results. One thing I would say - the Behringer's got a lot of knobs and buttons (8 knobs and 7 buttons per channel), so it takes a while to work out all the variables. Email me if you get the Behringer, and I'll tell about the two most important buttons. :)

Yeah Dobro's correct. For further info on
compression contact Shailet. The man gotz
skillz. He is called the "Compressor Professer"!

I have the DBX 266 Project 1. The unit works great and it was Cheap. I don't know about the Behringer Composer. I'd love to buy one, they sur are pretty, but I don't know how well they work. If I buy another compressor it would be a 266. I love the fact that it has the gates. If anyone can sell me on another brand of compressor in the price range I may buy the other brand.

Back