Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Customer service goes a long way

Thanks

Customer service goes a long way

Sign in to disable this ad
    I just spoke with a PMI rep, though I didn't catch his name. Customer service is important and I received great service as always. For what it's worth, my questions were about Joemeek JM47 that I currently own and the Studio Projects C3. Without a/b'ing, just curious as to what the guys who direct these companies think. Excellent information, friendly, and not afraid to be subjective in his responses comparing the two. I know the reps frequent this and other forums, and I think that should go a long way for anyone looking into mics, pres, compression, etc. Not that a decision should be based soley on customer service, but if the product is good and you have guys ready to talk to you about those products without pushing a sale, that is definitely a major positive for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Bob View Post
    I do this for a living and I wouldn't choose to use a POS over any of my other 14 guitars

Please forgive me. I don't mean to be a prick, but I guess I am.
    Thanks
    I agree. If you're looking to catch some shit, post this in the mic forum.
    I'm going through a difficult period - it's called life

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydoc
    .................... .........................
    artist formerly known as thebigredhotdog, formerly known as travelin travis, and formerly known as travisinflorida.

Thanks
    The first time I called I talked to Brent Casey. I was blown away that someone as renowned as Brent Casey would answer my tech support prob. Oh, and they shipped out the part I needed no questions asked for free.

Pete

Thanks
    +1 here!

the mount for my B1 started to get stripped, so Alan shipped me out a new one free of charge.

now, "free stuff" doesn't exactly equal "what defines good customer service" to me, but the fact that they stand behind their products and are willing to support them like that REALLY says a lot to me.

i'm eagerly awaiting their "E" series (assembled in the USA), assuming it's still coming.

cheers,
    wade

Thanks
    It seems kind of backwards how the smaller companies always seem to have the best customer / technical support. You'd think it would be the other way around.

At one time, companies like M-Audio and DigiDesign used to have guys at the other end of the phone who would answer your questions right away. But I wouldn't be surprized if they eventually went the way of call centers in India the way things are going.

That said, I'm still very imressed with the level of attention you get from companies like Shure, Audio Technica, and Blue. PMI has been great in my limited dealings with them. I've been almost shocked over my dealings with Echo Audio. Not only are their audio interfaces top-notch, but any time I've had a question about drivers or instalation, I get a live person on the phone in less than a minute, and he's friendly and very helpful and knowlegable.

Thanks
    I'm not sure why this would be a surprise. If you have a local family owned store they are usually far more friendly and knowledgable than people you'll meet at the big warehouse stores like Costco or Walmart. It's a total myth that large stores or companies will have better customer service in my opinion. Most of the time the small places will be the best in that regard, although some larger companies will be an exception and have good service.

On the other hand, large retailers can usually offer better prices and far larger selection, and there are some products that are so complicated and developmental-intensive that only a large corporation could pull it off.

And not all small companies have good customer service obviously. But I know that I prefer to deal with smaller companies whenever possible.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydoc
    Too late. Some little puss sent this to me...
    "Good morning, Seeker of Cock. Good to see you again, fucker."
    If I really wanted to know, I could probably look to see who's on here now and search the one who has a thing against PMI Audio. I think Easychair and DJL did, didn't they?
    I got a rise out of it anyway. Thanks anonymous person.

Oh well, no matter where you find it, I value good customer service and it is nice to get it from a company whose products I use. On another note, the guy was explaining to me that my JM-47 was probably better than the SP C3. Haven't heard one, but the Meek mic can overly sensitive and pick up a lot of sounds not directly in the mic path, and he told me this was typical of all large condensers. That maybe so, or perhaps it is as someone said and this is an inherent flaw of the JM47, but I think I will do a comparison to see sometime.
    Last edited by Seeker of Rock; 12-31-2005 at 11:42.
    I do this for a living and I wouldn't choose to use a POS over any of my other 14 guitars

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chessrock
    I've been almost shocked over my dealings with Echo Audio. Not only are their audio interfaces top-notch, but any time I've had a question about drivers or instalation, I get a live person on the phone in less than a minute, and he's friendly and very helpful and knowlegable.
    With maybe a bit of a German accent...

War
    Warren Dent
    www.ZenProAudio.com

That's right....a new location for me!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chessrock
    But I wouldn't be surprized if they eventually went the way of call centers in India the way things are going..
    Exactly. When the 3 year warranty on my former Dell computer was up, about 6 months later it had some problems. Called Dell cs, and got people that literally had to spell out some words for me, obviously making this a long and frustating process to do a system restore, which unfortunately did not work. In the end, I sold it at a friend of mine's yard sale as is. Dell cs was good to me before that, but my foreign language attempt to fix was bad experience enough. I really don't like to play games in regards to things that don't work right. Straight answers and good service, is that such a difficult concept?

Thread Information