crybaby wah quality

Nola

i keep hearing the new ones aren't good quality, but nobody seems to know when that started.
can you tell me what year they began to decline?

What quality issues have you heard? I've got one that's about three years old. It seems solid and does what it is supposed to do. The problem is the sound. Namely, it sounds like a wah pedal, so I never use it. ;)

What quality issues have you heard? I've got one that's about three years old. It seems solid and does what it is supposed to do. The problem is the sound. Namely, it sounds like a wah pedal, so I never use it. ;)

i heard they're breaking easily and the components are cheap/bad and the overall build quality is flimsy compared to older ones, but nobody mentions what they mean by older ones.

you don't like wah, robus? i like it quite a bit for hard rock. i don't like it in funk.

No, I'm a primitive when it comes to guitar. I use delay, but rarely any other pedals or fx.

Why'd ya buy it then? :P
I'll take it!

I also heard they're not true bypass and suck tone. I don't know if that part is true...it doesn't make sense b/c the old ones probably weren't true bypass, either, and many guitarists with great tone used them just fine. Some people say the "classic" model is true bypass.

I wrote dunlop to hopefully get clarity.

AS far as the tone sucking thing goes, some people just like to come up with stuff to complain about.

I'm really not sure how they could possibly make a wah pedal any cheaper. It's a metal case, hinge and some really cheap electronics. I have never seen one fall apart or turn to dust or anything.

Of course mine is 25 years old... and I stopped playing seriously about 21 years ago... Mine still works fine.

I've had 2 of the regular old Dunlop CryBaby pedals that had the pot or inductor go out on them. One was in about 1991, the other was in about 2012. Neither made it to the 2-year mark of ownership. At first they worked great, then they got scratchy, then they stopped working altogether. Probably an easy fix, but I just tossed them instead of trying to repair them.

Dunlop responded. It's weird, he says the GCB95 Original has a hardwire bypass (does that mean true bypass?) yet it's not on the list. I heard only the "Classic" had true bypass.

The GCB95 Original Crybaby is the original circuit and staying true to the original design it still has a Hardwire Bypass.

Below I’ve listed the Crybaby models that are True Hardwire Bypass.

GCB95F
535Q
CBM95
EVH95
BG95
JC95
JB95
JP95
SC95
SW95
DCR2SR

Back