Cost of buying OSA rack gear in Canada?

QuinnS

I'm just interested in finding out how much an OSA module would cost me in Canada; buying it from Atlas Pro Audio. I called them today and they said it is about $30 shipping but he didn't say what kind of duties/fees etc are charged at the border.

Anybody here from Canada? Could anybody tell me approx. how much something costs to bring it in?

I want to buy more gear from online retailers but my local retailer keeps telling me that the fees make it not worthwhile to do so....

Thanks

It depends on the carrier. There is no duty.

For USPS/Canada Post/DHL, if the declared value is more than a certain amount (which escapes me at the moment - $50? $100?) they charge $5.00 plus GST and PST.

UPS charges an over-inflated "brokerage fee", plus GST and PST of the declared value, plus GST and PST on the brokerage fee. I'm not sure why UPS charges this (perhaps because they can), but many eBayers avoid them for this reason.

I'm not sure how FedEx works.

UPS Is actually being sued here in canada over there Brokerage fees and other unfair business practices...It is a huge class action suit and I hope UPS has to pay out the ass as I have been ripped off by them more times than I can remember....

If they ship Fed EX or USPS then the shipping will be much less than if it is shipped by UPS......

Cheers

Back