Connecting Focusrite ISA 828 to Computer

diskobox

Hi!

I have a M-Audio Delta 1010LT soundcard. I'm borrowing a Focusrite ISA 828 to do some recording although I believe it does not have individual analogue outputs. Is it possible to connect the Focusrite ISA 828 to the Delta 1010lt soundcard, or to the computer any other way?

thanks!

:guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

Yehp.
The delta 1010 has eight analog line inputs and the isa 828 has 8 analog line outputs but a breakout cable is required.

Do you have access to that?

The other option is to use the isa 828 adat output and a go-between converter like behringer ada 8000 if one of those is available.
The converter would provide 8 line level signals to the delta.

This is a bit off topic i know but here goes.
I was wondering are those ada 8000's worth a punt. they go for a good price here and i was wondering if it would be worth it? in view of a future upgrade via toslink

I've never used one.
All reviews seem to suggest the preamps aren't so good but they're well worth the money as cheap converters.

I know this thread is old but its possibly relevant. The ISA 828 is not an audio interface per se. It has mic inputs and line level outputs. It is meant to go direct to a PA. It also has DB25 connectors that input/output pure audio. However, it has an optional digital card that gives it ADAT capability. If you need to get the wonderful audio out of this gadget into your computer, you need a sound card with AES/EBU connectivity or an audio interface, not necessarily a big one, but one that has ADAT inputs at the very least. For example, the Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP will connect to it via ADAT and give you an additional 8 inputs that are accessible via the DAW and can be routed using the Focusrite Mix Controller. Any other audio interface with ADAT will do just as well. If you prefer USB versions to Firewire, then the Focusrite Scarlett range will do that, but you have to go to the 18i6 before you get one with ADAT.

Last edited:
Back