Connecting Behringer Autocom to Behringer Xenyx 1204

MoltiVoci

I'm an audio book narrator. I'm seeking to diminish breath sounds and background noise. I have a Behringer 1204 mixer, MXL-2600 mic, Asus Desktop, and Behringer Autocom that I'd like to connect via XLR cables. The 1204 does not have insert jacks, so a Y-cable won't work.

Would love your insight into how I can make this chain complete.
Thank you kindly,
Moltivoci

Mark,
I did ask about this a while back and I tried the suggestions only to run into my own uneducated confusion in regard to properly using the sends and returns. In the mean time, I moved on without the auto comm in the chain and have had some success with the narration work.

I do have a Lexicon Alpha audio interface but without the mixer I have no way to power the condenser mic. I will look into a channel strip. Another engineer acquaintance suggested investing in a PreSonus PreTube V2. His suggestion: run the Mic into the PreSonus, then into the Autocomm, and that into the mixer.

My studio is acoustically treated with Auralex foam panels, and yes, I use a pop filter. I would like a cleaner warmer sound, however.

Thank you for the compliments on the demos, and you're right about the typo on the Mic. I don't think I have an issue with the acting side or voices etc., just the engineering and tech side. I have a limited budget so my next acquisition in improving my chain will be the last for awhile...kinda wanna make it count.

After fixing the tech, I want to get better at applying the right EQing for my voice and the proper filters through Adobe Audition.

I look forward to any additional insight you have.
Thank you kindly,
Aaron

Aaron,
Arcaxis gave you good advice, to try to get your chain as close to "mic to DAW," in the shortest route possible, using a strip. I use the older DBX 286A, and also have a Symetrix 528E that I use more often. Both of these strips provide the phantom power that you have to get from your 1204. Once upon a time, I ran a BlueTube DP into an AutoComm into a Fast Track Pro to DAW, as my chain. I have since eliminated all of that for a channel strip.
My current chain is: mic>>strip>>Lexicon Alpha>>computer DAW.

-- deleted after realizing I misread the OP --
Dale

Last edited:
The OP has a Behringer 1204, not a Mackie 1204. The Behri has no inserts.
I see you are correct Geck... Even though I read Behrry... I got it in my mind the "Mackie 1202," because I have one.
Dale

Last edited:
Back