compressor ,,where art thou compressor?

suringe

alright,, i was thinking about picking up a compressor today
ive been looking online for about a month now,,,i seen the dbx model
,the 3Q,a presonus comp 16,,and a few others,,i don't think i seen an m-audio tho.

but out of the three i mentioned, the personus and the dbx,were around $100
the 3Q of course is more,,,now i'm looking at the 3Q as my choice but in the last 3 or 4 months ive droped hella cash on my music (multitrack rec,monitors building a booth that i now have to treat etc...) i can and would love to get the 3Q but it aint looking good,,,,,if there is a good comp for around $100 let me know,,or should i wait and get the joe meek,,,right now i have no comp eccept for software

i'm putting my effort towards nothing but recording vocals,and as i grow in experience i'll buy better equipment, insted of going all out,being broke,,and i cant even use the damn thing,,,

For $175 you can get the FMR RNC, or for around $200-225 you can get the FMR RNLA. Those two are as good as you can get for that kind of money.

I've had good luck

with one like this. Here it is used on ebay for around your price but you may try the people on this board first if you share my innate trust of ebayers. It is not anywhere as good as my UA comp but I have used it on a variety of things before I got the UA including vox.

Used RNCs typically go for @$125. RNLAs go for a bit more and as they are newer, there aren't as many available.

One of the best values in an affordable compressor is the Tapco Squeeze, which I use for live sound applications in conjunction with my RNCs and Pro VLA. It's very *transparent*, rackmountable and doesn't use a walwart, like so many of the budget boxes out there. Brand new for $100!

thanx alot guys,thats some cool info,,,cuz i didn't know about the fmr or the tampco,,they both look like very good comp's,i'll try to find someone who sells either of these in my town,,,,,

but i'm still looking,,,,only because this will be the last peice of gear i'm going to buy this year eccept for some 703 fiberglass then i'm done till income tax season

Back