- to mixdown to DAT or minidisc
- excellent preamps/phantom power for mics
- either analog or digital is fine
- eq/pan/etc on each channel
- outboard effects returns

This is what I will have...

- ATLEAST 2 ADATs for recording
- a DAT or a minidisc
- 8 tracks of audio coming from computer for my beats (will it be best for me to get something like the Echo GINA, run those 8 outs to my board and record on adat, or mix on computer and use one of those adat digital cards?)

- 2 turntables/mixer setup
- an array of samplers, drum machines, synths...
- one mic
- compressor/limiter/gate(s)
- any effects racks
- monitors

My main question is what board do you all have in mind? Other than that, just analyze my wants and needs and tell me what I need to be taking into consideration and what components I will need (specific model suggestions). I produce hip hop music.

it depends on you.....

listen brother im gonna give you the truth from my heavenly father. a good digital mixer would be a roland vs mixer the akai dps16 or the yamaha aw4416. and the tascam tm d1000 might be your choice!!!!!!! i run a midi set up and it looks like this

660->xp60->pc AND vs880ex.vs->pc
(i dont use my sampler in my midi chain)

im using a dio 2448 audio card with coax i/o it is 24 bit and it sounds great.multiple sample rates brother.

with the analog mixers i suggest one of the mackie mixers. i heard they have excellent pre amps. check out the mackie vlz series. your gonna need more then one mic brother. look into a shure 57 or 58 and also get a akg c1000. you need more then one mic i cant stress that enough. another thing is this.

IF you get a digital mixer WITH a hard disc do you see a need for adats? you might need it for your shows i guess. but the vs series can mix down to dat brother. you might wanna loose the adats. thats just my opion right there it isnt the TRUTH from my heavenly father.by the way can i get the specs on your pc and what program your running? where are you sequencing this stuff? why not record the tracks to your pc brother? then you dont need adats.......i do hip hop also. with live guitars and LIVE scratching from the 1 and twos. theres so many ways. im happy to help you brother just let me know what you think. :)

king of the jews

ps.mackie has a digital machine that takes the place of 3 tape based machines.you may wanna look into it.

Back